Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Hola from the CCM! (Week Two)

Hello all!

This week was fantastic! Last Wednesday, Elder Christofferson of the 12 came down here and spoke to us! It was incredible!! And down here, after every devotional of any kind, a couple districts get together and we talk about our thoughts on the devotional and the feelings and impressions we had. Those "after devotional talks" are some of the most spiritual experiences we have here. The spirit is so strong every time.

Elder Christofferson's visit to CCM
My companion and I joined the Choir this week with a few other companionships! My companion was in the AF Chamber Choir and he is a fantastic baritone!  Also, shoutout that I saw Elder Parker Jackson sing in the Provo MTC choir last night at the worldwide MTC broadcast with Elder Oaks!

 
 
Every day, during our gym time, my companion and I go and play some volleyball! It is so much fun! I'm working on my spikes. :) We also play a lot of ping-pong.




We got a new set of Latino roommates this week. They are pretty chill. They both speak English fairly well too. One of them, Elder Castro, told us his conversion story last night, and it is awesome! He is from Merida Mexico, right by Cancun. And when he was working on his papers for his mission, he met a sister missionary from Lehi! Shout out to Hermana Hoggan for giving him tips on his English!

Elder Gardner (CCM Companion), Elder Castro (CCM Roommate from Merida, Mexico), Elder Greenwood
Elder Gardner (CCM Companion), Elder Lopez (CCM Roommate from Honduras), Elder Greenwood
 
                                                                                                                                                                         
I love being out here on my mission. I push myself to do better each day, and know that the Lord will reward me for my efforts. He knows us better than we know ourselves. And he will help us when we need it most, if we ask for it and trust in him.



















 

Prayer Mat :)

A poem I've heard twice now in here is:
    
Come to the Edge
         I can't I'll fall
Come to the Edge,
         I can't I'll fall
Come to the Edge
         I came, He pushed me
         And I Flew

Love you all! 
Hasta Proximo Semana!

Elder Greenwood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment