Tuesday, September 29, 2015

En el Campo


I am officially in Chihuahua! I had no idea what to expect and I was still surprised with what I saw. I like it here! Lots of cows and horses that I've seen. The people are really kind.
 

Headed to the airport
 I woke up at 2:00AM to go to the airport and leave the CCM. I met some awesome Latinos, most of whom spoke English pretty well. We all traveled together and made it to Chihuahua. From there, we went to the church by the Mission offices and had breakfast at around 10:30. Then we had meetings about the rules here and our health.


Waiting for flight at Mexico City Airport








On the plane headed to Chihuahua

 We are not allowed to drink soda... dang it! Hahaha! Honestly so happy about that. We are not allowed sugar cereals, white bread, more than 2 flour tortillas a day, or 4 corn tortillas, no candy after 6:00PM or before 11:00AM. It's pretty strict here. But that just means more opportunities to be obedient, which means more opportunities to be blessed in our work and in the language and things. The Chihuahua Mission is the 3rd highest baptizing mission right now. :) I just hope I know enough Spanish to have a conversation soon. Hahaha!

           
Image result for no sweets clipartImage result for no soda clipart Image result for no white bread clipart

My companero is Elder Morales. He has been out for almost 13 months now. He speaks very little English, which means that I'm going to have to learn a lot of Spanish fast so we can have the Spirit and understand each other. We do pretty well already and he is a very good missionary who is all about obedience.

On bus headed to first area with Elder Morales (comp) and roomies


                          
While waiting for the bus to travel to our area, my comp and I and two other companionships of our friends walked up to a Little Caesars in Chihuahua and bought some pizza. Hahaha! It was way better than the States' pizza and they gave us red pepper flakes to go with it! Yum! :)

I live with one other companionship in a little casa. The member that took us there actually brought pieces to two beds, and we put them together upstairs so we could sleep that night. That was fun. One of the other missionaries is American, and this is his 2nd transfer in the field. It's nice to speak English with him sometimes. :)

Filtered Water Bottle from CCM
We had our first member meal today. (The big meal here is lunch, so the sign ups are for lunch.) The member who made us food owns a restaurant, so we got good food. :) She gave us beans, rice, hamburgers, and fries! Hahaha! I had my hamburger with salsa verde. Muy rico. :) Apparently Mexicans cook with some sort of different oil or something here that Americans aren't used to. Everyone tells me that they got sick the first couple weeks O.O    My plan is to chug filtered water and NOT get sick :) Sounds pretty good to me. :)

The food was good, and now I have a different taste in the back of my throat. I'm going to call it the Mexican aftertaste. I never realized that We have an American aftertaste in the back of our throats all the time, but you realize when it's gone. That'll take some getting used to. Hahaha!
 
I love it here and I can really feel a strong spirit when we are kind to all and share the gospel with people. Even when it's not me talking. The Spirit is a powerful and incredible gift to have. Enjoy Conference this weekend. And DON'T Fall asleep! This is latter day scripture that you're hearing! If you're tired of the centuries old stuff and need a quick break, we have modern day stuff coming this Saturday and Sunday! Listen! It's like when a new episode of your favorite show comes out! New things to see and think about afterwards! It's an amazing thing! 

I know that the words that the prophets speak are true doctrine and will change your life for the better if you apply them and follow their example and the example and character of Christ.
Love you all! No pics this week, but hopefully next week I'll have it all figured out!

Elder Greenwood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment