Tuesday, September 6, 2016

What a week!

(Sent 9/5/16)

What a week. What a week! hahahaha!

Practicing the guitar
Welp. I must say that this week is a week that I will not soon forget in my mission.
I got my first son, and that son had a whole bunch of health problems, physically, that started to affect him a lot -- so much that Presidente had to come to our house and interview him. Now, my dear son is in another part of the mission with nicer weather. Who knows where. Presidente took him right then and there. Now, I have another son! I am going to finish the training of Elder Carvajal. A guy who was born here in my zone. He's a winner.

Ok, other than that...

Big Miracles this week!

1. Met the guy and his girlfriend who, last week, just showed up to the church services in Meoqui (a little city just outside of Delicias) and said, "we felt that we should come here." The guy lives in my area, and we are now teaching him. He's already got a goal set for baptim after he goes 5 times to church. :)

2. Got a reference of a lady who moved into my area who lives with her less-active member boyfriend. She has been to church many times and only has to get married to get baptized. :)



3. One of our investigators, Felix, was starting to really fall away and not keep his commitments or anything. But, we had a lesson with him with an incredibly strong Spirit. The missionary I was with at the time, and I, and the Spirit helped Felix realize that he has already received an answer to his prayers as to whether or not the Book of Mormon is true. It was incredible. He had his testimony but just didn't realize it. And, in that lesson, I learned another reason why I am still in this area. When I first prayed about the Book of Mormon long ago, I too didn't realize that I had already received an answer. But I had. So, with that testimony, the Spirit was able to touch the heart of him, and now he is progressing great. :)

Miracles are real. Because God is a God of Miracles and this is His true church on the earth today. The Book of Mormon brings to us the fullness of the Everlasting Gospel, and only through sincere prayer and faith in God can we know for ourselves. I know. And I invite any who may not to ask.

Love you all!
Elder Greenwood :)

Moroni 10:3-5: 

Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.



No comments:

Post a Comment