Monday, January 16, 2017

Last Week in the Offices

Elders Sanchez, Ochsenhirt, and Greenwood


This was it.
My last week here in the offices.
I've learned a lot, and now it's time to go out to Cuauhtémoc and apply it all.

I am super excited to go back to Cuauhtémoc again. I think that it will be a lot of fun. That place is like a promised land within this promised land. It's just filled with people who are ready to learn more about the gospel!




This week was really intense. There was a lot of stuff that had to get done in terms of migration. And, on top of it all, I had to teach Elder Ochsenhirt how to do it. But, he's going to be a great secretary. I'm so proud.(sniff, sniff). He's like my child now. I trained him how to be a good secretary.

Overlooking the city

Amazing Cave
I'm excited to get into my new area and do new things, but I'm also sad to have to say good-bye to many faithful saints who are here in the Granjas Ward, and saying good-bye to my dear sisters in my district as well. But, I was reading a talk by Elder Holland yesterday that Sister Montoya told us that we ought to read. It's called "Remember Lot's Wife, Faith is for the Future."





It was really good. It talked about how, in the time of Sodom and Gomorrah, the action of looking back wasn't really the whole of the sin that Lot's Wife committed. It was looking back with desires and really a longing in her heart to be there. In the end, she did not have the faith that where she and her family were going would be as good for her as she had it back in Sodom and Gomorrah. She didn't believe that God had something better in mind for her. She just wanted to stay in the past and try to remember and be a part of what already was.



Elder Holland taught me that we should look forward with faith, knowing that where we are going is going to help us in the best way possible to improve and progress in a way that, in the end, we can be the person that God needs us to be. He taught that if we look back, we should only look back to remember things that we have learned so that we can apply them to the future.



Old Mexican Casa





































So, with my new assignment, that is exactly what I am going to work towards --looking to the future with faith, and remembering not to make the mistake that Lot's Wife made. And I invite you all to do the same with me. 


I love you all! Have a great week! And look to the Future! Lo mejor esta por venir!!!

 Elder Greenwood :)


No comments:

Post a Comment