Monday, January 9, 2017

Fast Sunday

Happy Fast Sunday, Everybody!
Elders Sanchez (Financial Sec in training), Bustos (Financial Sec), and Greenwood


This week was a particularly great Fast Sunday. The Spirit was super strong. I got to break the bread during the Sacrament and say the prayer on the bread (just like the old days). :') But, I was thinking about the new year, and new beginnings, and this new chance that we have in 2017 to leave behind bad habits that we may have had in the past.

Elders Greenwood and Ochsenhirt

And then I thought about how the Sacrament, for us, is literally a new chance that we have every week. We can leave behind the sins of the week and commit to do better. So, I bore my testimony a bit about that and then of the Atonement of Christ.

And then, the other 4 missionaries in our ward also got up in the course of the meeting. And, combined with the testimonies of the members in the ward, it was really a great experience.

New Executive Secretary in Training




The Spirit is the best. I received a whole lot of revelation that day that I was not expecting to receive. Without the Spirit in my life, I would be totally lost. Listening to its promptings ALWAYS is worth it. I have never followed a spiritual prompting and regretted it. Ever.





A bit of friendly competition with President Montoya




I have, however, ignored a prompting from the Spirit and regretted it. Our lives become what God wants our lives to be when we follow the promptings of His Spirit. And we will be happier with the life that God wants for us than any other life.

That's just a bit of what I learned this week.

Sisters, Members, Office Elders
I love you all!
Keep on Keepin' on!
Elder Greenwood :)


No comments:

Post a Comment