Monday, January 23, 2017

First Week Back in the Field!

What a week!
Mexican Mystery Machine

Elders Greenwood?

































Being my first week out of the offices and being in the field again has been a truly wonderful experience. This week, I don't know what happened, but I have never felt more desire to do good to others. I have never wanted to help people more.

There have been days in my mission where I have said: "Ok, 3 more hours of hard work, and then you can rest in the house, you can make it." But this week has been: "No! We only have 3 more hours to do what we need to do!" It has been really different. But I really loved this week. 





Elders in Training...just need to grow a foot or two




We didn't find the most success, but I know that there is not a good effort that will not be accounted for. All the things that we did this week, all the contacts that we had, the lessons that we taught, will all come together and become an incredible blessing. That blessing I believe will be finding more Chosen people who are ready for the Gospel now, who will go to church, learn, study, and gain a testimony that will last them an eternity.


Looks a little dangerous






We had a very special lesson with a recent convert whose daughter is our investigator. She has been worried about the life that her daughter is leading and how it will affect her for eternity.

While we talked, a spiritual impression came that we should talk about Alma the Younger and his story, and how the prayers and faith of his parents were factors in helping him come to change. We talked about it, we watched the Animated Book of Mormon story of it, and the Spirit just grew and grew in intensity. In the end, we testified to a worried mother with tears in her eyes and her wonderful son (who also had begun to cry for his sister) about how it doesn't matter who you are, or what you've done. With Christ's Atonement, ANYONE can change. Anyone can come unto Him and feel what it is to have true Joy.



Elder Greenwood's future


It was a lesson to remember. I'm so grateful that I can be a missionary and have these experiences. I'm so happy to be doing what I'm doing. I know that it's the work and glory of God. And I know that, through Christ, people change, and can become His true disciples.

I love you all!
Have a great week!

Elder Greenwood :)


No comments:

Post a Comment