Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sigan el Espíritu (Follow the Spirit)

Hello all of you people!
Hope that your week was fantastic!
If not, this week is a new week! Make it fantastic!

To Eternity....and Beyond!

This week was a bit more of getting used to my new calling as Executive Secretary. It's been going pretty well. I have a lot to learn still, but I am starting to get the hang of things.This week we had the pleasure to welcome another injured missionary. Hahaha! Elder Wright got to join us for a couple days because, long story short, he stepped on a sharp metal wire thing. He was going to use my cane... but he broke it :'( hahaha! But now, as tradition goes, he will become the new secretary. I guess I'm done here. Hahaha! JKJKJK.



A special experience that I was able to have this week was when Elder Wright and I were headed out of the offices to go eat. We were going to go in an Uber (like Taxis, but they are nicer cars-- more safe, more quality, AND cheaper). I've been trying to work on acting on spiritual promptings in the moment that I receive them, even if they are inconvenient.

Elder Wright and I left. Elder Wright headed to the car while I closed the security gate. I closed it and felt that I should grab a Book of Mormon. I did not have one in my bag at the time. And I thought, "No, Elder Wright is already in the car, I don't want to have to unlock the security gate and then the office door. No.." Then, I decided to go in and get one. It was inconvenient, but I figured that I would see what would happen.

Well, I got it, put it in my bag, and got in the Uber Car. We started going, and the first thing the driver did was say, "Hey, I have a friend who's an Elder right now too!" I would have kicked myself had I not gone to go get that Book of Mormon. In the end we gave it to him, and ending up giving more books away to other cool Uber drivers. It was really a lot of fun giving those away. Finding people who are willing to take that Book, not for obligation, but for a strange desire inside to read it, is very special.

I would imagine that one day they will pass through some challenge and life will feel hard, and then they will see the old book that two white guys dressed in white shirts gave them long ago. And then they'll read it, and find joy -- Find Christ.

I invite you all to start before life feels hard, to read and to find Christ. That will make your challenges much easier to go through.

I love you all!
Have a Great week!
and GIVE 'EM HEAVEN!


Elder Greenwood :)


No comments:

Post a Comment