Monday, December 7, 2015

Happy December!!!!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It truly was a good one. :)

Birthday Gifts and Decor
Cake from Zone Leaders
French Toast Birthday Breakfast
On my b-day, I made myself some french toast, blew up balloons, the whole shabang. And I bought myself a crappy little Cinnamon roll thing and stuck candles in it. But my zone leaders told me to take out my datos before I celebrated with my cake. So I went to my room, and they came in a bit later with a fancy little store bought cake and sang happy birthday!! It was so nice of them!!! I love those guys!
Had to share a birthday surprise -- double yolk egg!  HAHAHA! 





























Frozen fruit works! Delicious Smoothie!!!



The awesome thing about Mexico is that fruit and veggies are actually cheaper than the candy. The problem is that you have to find a store with good fruits, hard in Anahuac. These last 2 weeks have been great because, I'm basically training Elder Fuentes, so we go to a store in his area to get healthy stuff a lot :) It's been nice. :)







This week I have a special scripture of the week -- Luke 2: 10-11:

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."


My whole life I have enjoyed the Christmas season more than anything else in the year. This time is a time of joy, happiness, giving, and family. I was thinking about that and this scripture about the "glad tidings of great joy" that is to be given to all people.

The most important thing about Christmas is obviously Christ. (In Span-glish Christ-más means More Christ :) But the 2nd most important thing is family. If you have the chance to be with your immediate family this year, DON'T waste it. If not, you are still with your family. We are all brothers and sisters and sons and daughters of a Father in Heaven who loves us more than anything. But the thing is, not everybody knows that. My challenge to all of you this Christmas season is to spread the love of our Heavenly Father to your brothers and sisters everywhere through your acts. Everyone deserves to be happy. We were placed on this earth that we might have joy. Love everyone. Love Christ -- "If you love me... feed my sheep."

And one more question:
What will you give to Christ for Christmas this year? :)

This week was an incredible week! I had my first True baptism!!! I've been working in a different area for about 3 weeks now with Elder Fuentes. Last week, some drunk guy approached us wanting to change and asking for our help (nothing out of the ordinary here). The drunk people usually want to change while they're drunk and then we try to help them when they're sober and they don't want to change.

Elder Fuentes, Isauro, and Elder Greenwood
But, Isauro was different. He wanted to change so bad while he was drunk that when we told him to dump out his alcohol, he did. That is truly incredible to do. And from there, he only got better. I got to see the light slowly come into his life almost every day as he did what we asked him. I had the opportunity to baptize him last Saturday. It was so cool to be an instrument in the hands of God through all of this and see Isauro's journey through pain and suffering to the Light of Christ. He has opened the door of the path to the Celestial Kingdom. :)

A quote from a video we watched applies perfectly to swimming and missions, and staying true to the gospel - "If it was easy, everyone would do it."

Love you all!
Listen to lots of Christmas Music!!!
Love every moment of this season!
And give everything of yourself to find true Christmas joy.

Elder Greenwood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment