Tuesday, June 14, 2016

First Week in the Heat of Delicias‏

Pretty good week this week.

I'm getting to know Delicias more and more. It is incredibly hot. I'm going to be able to very proudly say that I survived the heat of Delicias in the summer when all is said and done. hahahaha!

Didn't put sunblock on my legs...


Not too much happened this week. It was a pretty normal week of missionary work -- helping people go to church and helping people remember who they are, Children of God; and as such, the things that they can do to become like their Father.

I had an interesting experience this week with a Chinese man that I met in his store. My comp and I were buying some food when the Chinese man asked me, in very broken Spanish, where I was from.


#aloevera




I told him, "the U.S."

He said, "And how much time have you had here in Mexico?"

I told him, "About 9 months."

He was amazed and said that he had been here for about 2 years now and that my Spanish was way better than his.



That was a reminder to me of how blessed I have been here in the mission. And how blessed we are as members of the True Church of God on the Earth. When we put our shoulder to the wheel and do our best to help God in His work, He blesses us and helps us progress faster to help us help Him bring about His eternal work. I would not have made it as far as I did in my Spanish as quickly as I did without the help of my Heavenly Father. I am eternally grateful for His presence in my life, and I hope that I may be worthy to help His children, my brothers and sisters, come unto Him.

I love you all! Hope that you have an INcredible week!

Para Siempre Dios Este con Vos.

Elder Greenwood :)


No comments:

Post a Comment