Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter

Hey everybody!! Hope that you all had an incredible Easter!!!
Hugs and Kisses


Honestly, I have got to say that I have never grown to appreciate the purpose of Easter until I came out here on the mission. I always knew that we were celebrating the resurrection of Christ, but I didn't understand what that had to do with all of us.

As I read the scriptures and studied and testified to others about the importance of Easter, I came to understand how incredible it really is.

(If you have not seen the church videos of the last two Easters, I cannot more highly recommend them. This year's is Hallelujah).

The entire purpose of Easter is to celebrate the Atonement of Christ. What is the Atonement? It is when Christ paid for our sins, was then betrayed and crucified on the cross, and then resurrected on the 3rd day.


Solved it!
Why is it important?

We cannot fully comprehend the pain that that entails but, as we give it our effort, we will learn more and become more grateful for it. Trust me, without the Atonement, EVERY part of the Plan of Salvation would fall apart. We would not be able to live with our families forever, live with God, or have true happiness.

Because He lives, we can have happiness, we can have eternal families, and we have the hope that we will see our loved ones again after death with perfected bodies in the presence of God.

Please watch the videos. They help explain it even more. And read the 4 scriptural accounts of what is the Atonement of Christ. I promise that you will find more happiness, gratitude, and purpose in your personal life, and you will become more fit to be an instrument in God's hands to bring that happiness, gratitude, and purpose to other people's lives.


Love you all! Have a great Week!

Elder Greenwood :)


No comments:

Post a Comment